Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A summation

What a great experience to be able to have the sensory experience I did at these wonderful sites. The challenge is now to provide my students with the opportunity to "feel" the experience. My students typically appreciate the sacrifice that was made for them, but as they often hear of the great sacrifices made on their behalf, like their parents, they sometimes, tune that out. The emotion is what my students connect with when it comes to history. Making it impactful is always a challenge. I appreciate the opportunity I had to feel the emotional impact.
Additionally, thanks for the opportunity to learn from all of you. Not only are you great teachers, but also great people.
Can't wait to see some of your pictures, which I am sure are better than the ones I have. Have a great summer.
Anyone hear how Riko's leg is doing?

2 comments:

  1. Additionally, I now love the fact that I'm not bus sick...Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you! I haven't ridden in a car for days!

    ReplyDelete