Thursday, June 18, 2009

Boston Reflections

What an absolute thrill! There's little else I can say that suitably expresses my reaction to the past nine days I was able to spend with you all at some of the most important places in our nation's history. Plymouth Plantation was a real treat, interacting with the historical players there. The Freedom Trail was a grand experience, but the Boston highlights for me were Peace Field - having read about it in John Adams - and the USS Constitution. That's an impressive record for a ship, 33-0. Our trip to Lexington and Concord put the distance in perspective for me, something I fear my students struggle with as well. Being able to give them a more accurate geographic perspective will hopefully increase their understanding of the beginning of the Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment