Thursday, June 18, 2009

American Revolution by Immersion


Our journey through the American Revolutionary was amazing. Just think of the places we can tell our students that we have been and be able to show them pictures of us there! At times I felt like it was a history overload BUT I enjoyed every minute of it!
How great was it to be lead by three lovers of history on our journey (thanks Gene, Val and Cindy!). This experience of history by immersion will truly help us be better teachers in many ways! We not only were able to visit some of these amazing places but were able to interact with great teachers from all over Utah.
We shared many ideas and teaching strategies that we will be able to take back and use in our classrooms. These ideas and strategies became priceless tools for me as a teacher. The last thing this trip did for me as a teacher though was give me a thirst for knowledge in history! It once again excited my zeal for history and teaching that to our youth! What a great program for teachers! Thanks to Larry H. Miller and Zion bank for this great opportunity that I will never forget!

1 comment:

  1. I must agree with Cody about our great leaders for this trip. I appreciated the insights from Gene and Cindy, and the experience and planning by Val was invaluable. Mahalo nui, guys! For me this trip was a dream come true. For all these years I have been talking with my students about these places and events. It is difficult for them to be engaged when it all took place so far from here. But now I have my personal testimony of these places and the pictures to prove it! I also appreciated sharing with my peers, others who love this stuff like I do. Your ideas and comments helps energize me to do a better job of reaching the inner student in recognizing what a great heritage we have in this country! Thanks to Lsrry Miller and Zions Bank!
    Sharon N.

    ReplyDelete