Thursday, June 18, 2009

How do you choose a FAVORITE place on this amazing seminar?






As I finished up my learning logs for places we had been throughout our tour I had a hard time deciding my favorite place. So I will give you a summation of where I had what Gene called a "religious experience". My first of these experiences came when we were able to tour the Adamses residence in Quincy. It was powerful to be in the rooms where many of these letters were written by Abagail to John in McCullough's book, John Adams. It was a moving book and even more moving to be in there home and see where both John and Abagail had passed away. Peacefield was beautiful and surreal.

The Freedom Trail was a venture that was coupled with many of these experiences. What historical sites one after another was found throughout this day. The Old South Church, the Boston Massacre site, the burial grounds of many patriots, Paul Reveres house, Bunker Hill and the U.S.S. Constitution! What a fun day!

Last but not least was the experience I had in Philadelphia! To be in the room where two of the greatest events happened in United States history, the signing of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution! Liberty Hall was the greatest of these "religious experiences"! It was very moving to have read about the Constitutional Convention in Miracle of Philadelphia and then to actually witness where it had all gone on! What an opportunity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment